Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.repair
Dave Dave is offline

Default Vintage Pioneer SX-838 receiver loses one channel after warmup

"Readily Visible" wrote in message
Now, how to identify the FET's as opposed to generic transistors... a
quick google image search for 'fet' returns several schematics. The
symbol for FET's look different than the symbol for what I refer to as
'generic transistors'. I don't see any FET symbols in the amp section of
the schematics for the SX-838, however. Could the schematics from this
period use the round transistor symbol for FET's rather than the
squarish looking symbol?

FET part numbers will start with 2SK (N-channel) or 2SJ (P-channel) as
opposed to BJT's which are more likely start with 2SA, 2SB, 2SC or 2SD.
Note that the "2S" is often omitted on the transistor due to space
constraints.