Posted to rec.audio.tech
Peter Larsen Peter Larsen is offline

Default Looking for a good audio editor

Tom wrote:

Can anyone help, I am new to audio editing and I am looking
for a good editor,

I know this is not what you ask, but here is the first version the
reply. You can either learn to become a good audio editor, it will take
you a couple of years, 4 is not unlikely, or outsource the task to
someone who has used the time it takes to learn to use the soft- and
hardware involved.

I am currently using (Cool Edit Pro 2.1) but I can not find
any way of cleaning up the audio.

The second version of the reply is that with all due respect for CEP
and for you, if you want to do it yourself it seems that you need
something more in the general style of Magix Audio Cleaning Lab, it
offers you less options and thus a shorter learning curve at you skill
level.

I am working with which are old Audio Books (MP3 format)
which have a fare bit of back ground noise
Hiss, Floor noise, and general back ground noise.
Any help would be great.

Do less is a good advice to the newbie, digitally treated noise that did
not go away is much more distracting than the noise as it was before
doing anything.

Tom

Regards

Peter Larsen