Posted to rec.audio.tech, sci.electronics.repair, uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.pro
EADGBE EADGBE is offline

Default QUESTION: JBL Speaker Rattle

OK.

I have just dropped in and checked this thread, after
being absent for a few days.

I have done some checking into this "controversy"
(if all of this B.S. could even deserve that title)...

In the case of my question concerning the
Nakamichi TA-4A receiver, I was able to resolve
the issue without having to check the thread again
to see what bits of advice I had received. I never
checked back, so it does logically follow that I
never did respond to the original thread with a
message of gratitude to the people kind enough
to try to help me.

So yeah, Keith G. is technically correct...I didn't
thank anyone in that thread, and I do believe
that I should have done so, even though I didn't
need to try any of the suggestions I received.

I was wrong not to thank those who posted
suggestions...BUT...Keith G. is equally wrong
for slamming my head up against the wall so
furiously for it. It was a simple oversight on my
part, and certainly not deserving of such
self-righteous indignation on his part.

HONESTLY, we all have been guilty
of not expressing gratitude at one time or
another...should we all be forced to have that
held against us for the rest of our lives?

Keith G. was quite diligent in finding a
mistake that I made in the past and then
holding me accountable for it.

Why couldn't he have been equally diligent
in finding my much more recent posts, where
I was quite careful to thank those who had
helped me?

I guess it's more fun for Keith G. to point out
where others go wrong, instead of actually
being constructive and helpful.

And to top it all off, he never even offered any
advice to me in that Nakamichi thread--so why
is he even spending all of his time and energy
caring about whether or not people were
properly thanked in that thread???

Is it really THAT much fun to be so
vindictive? I guess it is for Keith G.

I will end by saying one more thing:

It takes a real adult to admit
when he's wrong.

I have done so in this post.

I will now wait for Keith G. to admit he
was wrong for being so needlessly
vicious.

But I won't hold my breath.

By the way, A BIG THANK YOU (sincerely)
to everyone who has been helping me with
the JBL speaker question. I haven't yet had
the time to try any suggestions, but I have
some free time coming up in the next few
days, and I plan to give some of your
suggestions a go. I'll let you know what
I find.... Cheers!