-GT

Default Great *sounding* CD recommendation?

"ric" wrote in message ...
-GT wrote:

As usual, your reply has nothing to do with the question at hand. I used
the word "most will be". You changed it to "all". If you would bother
looking, you would see hybrid SACDs outnumber non hybrid CDs in new
releases. But then you would have to admit your error, or try to change
what I said, again. I suspect the latter.

And if you bothered looking, you would see that new standard CD releases
vastly outnumber SACD releases, hybrid or otherwise. But then you would
have to admit to your error, or try to change what I said.

C'mon, what's the REAL reason why you've gone with me this long?

Because you're such an easy target with all your asinine statements.

Well I will admit to one thing, ric. I've been laughing a lot at you the
last 10 posts or so. That I will admit to.

(more laughs)

So, if you have any of the non hybrid discs, you simply play them in
your SACD player, as always. Is this so hard to understand? Where is
the problem?

But I don't have an SACD player, ric. I'm afraid your 'backwards

compatible
logic' isn't working here.....

(laughing)

GT strategy: Losing a point of debate, make a joke and laugh. Sophomoric.

What point, ric... That I'm laughing at you?

Ok, I'm laughing at you.... And I don't feel bad about that at all.

Wrong again, Einstein. The fact that I can play my CDs on my SACD
compatible player, SACDs on my SACD compatible player, or my hybrid
SACDs on any CD or SACD player is true whether or not *anyone else*
buys SACD format equipment. It's irrelevant, like many of your arguments.

Yes and most players are still being made *without* the SACD capability.
What about them? And what about DVD-A? There are still very few players
out there that will play both. The cheap-o Pioneer and the expensive Denons
are the only ones I know of.

But I'm sure you'll come up with some audiophile makes, designed to blow the
consumer's wallet wide open.

Ah, a *subjective difference* on ric's headphones. Very good. [yes,

that
too was ridicule]

Nice try, but you've never heard a SACD with headphones, have you? Do

Nope. Never have. I hate headphones. I never use them.

you have headphones in your car? I'm beginning to suspect that you've
never heard a SACD at all.

Uh-oh, more stupid jumping-to-conclusions.

When I do happen to listen to music at home, it's through my computer's CD
drive which also doesn't have SACD capability. I haven't tried hybrids with
that, but then why bother when the standard CD or mp3s are readily
available. I don't need to buy a hybrid to replace it.

Are you suggesting that you knew, or cared, what all
of the little logos on the box of your, say VCR, meant? Of course
not.

Well obviously your neighbor didn't. So unless he happens to be

terribly
unusual, I suspect that's also the case with the public at large.

Thank you for making my point.

What point? That SACD isn't a big marketing point among manufacturers out
there? If that's your point, then you're right.

The fact that it isn't was also my point.

Yeah, stupid, laugh it off. That doesn't change the fact that your
rabies shots for withdrawl symptoms comment made no sense.

Uh-oh, more ad hominem attacks from ric.

No, just a fact. When you make no sense (which is often), I'm not gonna
sugar coat it.

Did I hurt your touchy-feely feelings, ric? Aww... Me so saw-wee....

But you weren't referring to "just" SACD advantages. You were saying
that having a SACD compatible CD player gives you limited choices when
compared to a standard CD player. Another asinine statement on your

part.

It does give the one geared towards SACD a limited choice. Based on

your
logic, if you had an SACD hybrid player, I'm sure you'd want to take
advantage of that SACD feature.

I would rather have a SACD compatible player and have the CHOICE to
listen to SACD recordings when available than have a standard CD player
and NOT have that choice. Now, twist that around to mean something
completely different.

But I don't need that choice, ric. That's a choice for audiophiles who know
that the only way their precious format will survive is to piggyback it on
to the CD format. It can't stand on it's own an *you* know it.

They probably don't emphasize the hybrid fact because it would confuse the
average buyer out there even more. If they see the SACD format emphasized
(even on a hybrid), then they might pass up buying it thinking that the CD
wouldn't even be compatible with their players, which would lead to less
sales overall than they would get if they stuck to a CD-only format.

I'll bet 99% of those hybrid buyers will never get the chance to listen to
the SACD layer. It's only on there to kiss the audiophiles ass. People who
are anal-retentive, who worry about every drop-out, every pop, every
tape-hiss, every artifact that shows up in the original source material.
They forget that it is the music itself that should be enjoyed for what it
is, instead of crybabying because something isn't perfect. Whaaa...whaaa...

That's the only way your argument ends up as being correct.

It's a phyrric choice, ric. Looks good, but it won't last.