Mark

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message
It seems that after the CLC you have the CT of the OPT
and the B+ supply to the rest of the amp.

What are the actual loads connected?
Are they constant? you say not only does the B+ drop,
but the output tube current reduces.
So where is the mystery current going?
So what rectifier tube do you have? have you tried replacing it with
another?

Its possible the HT winding has high DC resistance and which is getting
very
hot.
what is the DCR of the whole of the 440-0-440 winding?

Hello Guys!

Today's Sunday, so finnally got some time to do some measurements on the
amp.
I got the following results today. The previous was normally measured in the
night
on weekdays, but today I did in during the day.

This time I moved the amp meter to right after the 5AR4 rec tube and before
the caps
and the rest. Current moved up slowly to 190mA ~ 195mA and stopped.

Time - Secondary VAC
0:00 - 448VAC
0:30 - 441VAC
0:45 - 440VAC
1:00 - 436VAC
1:30 - 433VAC
1:45 - 434VAC
2:00 - 432VAC

The B+ today measured from 480VDC and slowly went down to 476VDC
Current drop a little to around 185mA after 2 hours.

Do you think its something to do with the mains voltage dropping during the
night?
Todays measurements seems to be okay, not too far off as earlier.

Would a computer AVR be useful to prevent too much drops in the mains? Or is
it bad for
audio use?

Regards,
Mark