Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default overvoltage on audio circuits

wrote:

---------------------

**This raving nutter needs dealing with.

** Whatever name you give it, the noise is essentially white and

so rises with frequency being proportional sq.rt of the bandwidth.

Since you are an audio expert,

** I am, and you are very clearly not.

A microphone generates a small voltage and can tolerate very little
current draw without distorting.

** Dynamic mics can deliver signals of a volt or so while condenser
types output several volts.

I'm sure you know that you want the diaphram to move as little as possible
to keep the response as linear as possible and thus distortion low, thus it
will be putting out a small volatge.

** Absurd drivel.

You know less than nothing about microphones in actual use.

** It gives you a good guide to the source resistance that gives
the best NF. Is that news to you ?

Yes it is. I've never known anyone to do that before,

** Proves you have no real understanding of input noise.

Just a plie of rote learned irrelevances.

Let me say a little about that. I have designed audio circuits for 30 years.

** FFS - that is more than enough solo trumpet playing.

I very, very rarely do that,

** But are just about to do it again.

How sickening.

BTW:
I use my real name and identity here, while you do not.
Attacking me from a position of anonymity is cowardly in the extreme.

And I won't. I am under a non-dosclosure agreement.

** But see no obligation to NOT post wild bull**** on public forums ?

How fascinating.

As far as "attacking" you goes, I said you had an attitude and often
called past posters idiots when they were looking for help.

** And you're real sure they were not all idiots ?

How would YOU know that?

I doubt you have any way to tell.

....... Phil