Mark D. Zacharias

"Groom Lake" wrote in message
news:4128f719.2657034@chupacabra...
In posted on Sun, 22 Aug
2004 12:11:10 -0500, Wylie Williams wrote:

I wouldn't buy Bose, I wouldn't sell Bose, but I see that Bose owners are
very happy with their speakers. I think this level of satisfaction is

mostly
a result of brainwashing, but it is nevertheless real.

I too had a pair in the 70s, and after much more placement orientation
than I was expecting, I finally got them to sound great. The small house
I'm in for now isn't worth the trouble to find that sweet spot, but I'd
definitely consider getting another pair later on someday when I have a
larger dedicated listening room, maybe cheap, from some disenchanted
soul that didn't understand the room echo and multipath issues. ;-)

I don't suggest that Bose is "bad" , only over-rated and over-priced. Most
if not nearly all the tech-types on these groups would agree. If not for the
price, for example, the Wave radio would be a very attractive niche product.
The product quality is good, and unlike many products, there is support for
parts and service.

I bought my wife a Cambridge Soundworks 88 CD instead. Less than 1/2 the
price, and comparable performance.

Mark Z.

Mark Z.