U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

"Bob Cain" wrote in message

I've got an argument that so far has withstood some scrutiny
which shows that Doppler distortion in a myth.

What would refute it and point out any flaw in the reasoning
would be the dynamical expression for the time varying
function of the pressure wave in an infinite tube with an
ideal piston as a function of an arbitrary, time varying
function of the force applied to that piston.

I would be willing to wager that it's damn near unmeasurable and
impossible to hear, compared to the other types of distortion
loudspeakers introduce.

Of course "It can be shown" that it exists for any mechanical
transducer--effectively a moving sound source, and be relatively easy to
calculate--it's a fairly straightforward manipulation of the wave
function for velocity, then make the velocity a function of the input
signal . . .

"Easy" to set up . . . but the algebra and trig gets a smidgeon knotty.

Anyone have Maple or Mathematica handy?