Arny Krueger

Default Doppler Distoriton?

"Bob Cain" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

Arny, are you aware of any mathematical model of the typical
loudspeaker non-linearity? Just the transducer part, not
Doppler.

http://www.gedlee.com/Audio_trans.htm

Thanks, Arny. Looks like a pretty comprehensive book but
outside my immediate means.

The author graciously gave me a copy, probably partially because of our
discussions about nonlinear distortion, based on an earlier manuscript.

The book is highly mathematical, and attacks AM nonlinear distortion for all
it's worth. It's not a big book, but it's very detailed and pithy.

I did note that in the chapter
on distortion there was nothing in the contents that
indicated a treatment of Doppler. If you have it, is that true?

Yes, and I confirmed that with the author a few days ago.

I would say that the author has the orthodox view, which is that Doppler
distortion definately exists, but it is submerged in the relatively immense
amounts of AM distortion present in speakers under the operational
conditions where Doppler might be a concern. He has no regrets about
ignoring it.