Arny Krueger

Default Doppler Distoriton?

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

The only way to verify this is to look at the phase as well as the
amplitude of the sidebands.

That's one way, but it's a very hard row for me to hoe.

So, you decline to believe that the relative amplitudes of the
sidebands are different and relevant, as the frequency has increased?

BTW, I added some simulations of the triple tone test, showing the differing
results for AM and FM distortion.

The simulations have a darker blue-green border around them, while the lab
measurements have a lighter blue border.

http://www.pcavtech.com/techtalk/doppler/

Between the differences in the sideband structure and the amplitudes of the
first two sidebands, it seems like this triple-tone test might have some
general application. I'm thinking about jitter testing...