Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default audio term that's parallel to "vivid" for video

wrote:
I'm working with clients who have no familiarity with our jargon. I said "d=
ynamics" once and they asked me what I was talking about. So yeah, we're tr=
ying to communicate regarding the quality of the audio WITHOUT using terms =
like "dynamics", "frequency range", "noise floor", etc. Figured somebody on=
here would have been in the same situation before. Maybe there is no great=
word for it specific to audio.

When I think of a "vivid" image, I think of something that looks like a
postcard with the contrast and saturation severely exaggerated.

This would seem to be the visual equivalent of the "hi-fi" sound, with the
bass and treble pumped up and all the instruments in your face.