Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default "Are Modern Recording Practices Damaging Music?"

"hank alrich" wrote in message
William Sommerwerck wrote:

Of course, recordings have an important place. I was listening to the
Mahler 3rd and the Kindertotenlieder this morning. Without recordings,
it's unlikely I would have ever this music.

Get ourself a piano, and turn off the stereo. g

If I can get my mortgage company to reduce the interest to 3% or lower, I'll
be able to retire without having to worry about paying my bills.
(Coincidentally, I'll be speaking to them today.) In such a case, I will
doubtless find time for music lessons.

When I was much younger, my mother wanted to get a piano (she could sort-of
play), but it was under the condition that I'd take lessons and stick with
them. As they'd never tried to encourage any interest in good music, I said
no. In retrospect, I wish I'd said yes, then abandoned the lessons, leaving
them stuck with the piano. I hurt my parents, but not anywhere nearly as
much as I could have or should have.