Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default "Are Modern Recording Practices Damaging Music?"

"hank alrich" wrote in message
William Sommerwerck wrote:

The recording industry produces a great deal of "sound and fury,
signifying nothing". I could say much-worse things, but will bite
my tongue.

Perhaps you should produce some recordings.

My remark was in the context of the sound itself, not necessarily the music.

I don't feel qualified to produce recordings, of any type of music.

Have you seen photographs of Frank Sinatra's recording sessions? He
performed "live", in front of the orchestra, in what I assume was a room
designed specifically for pleasing-sounding recordings, and without (IIRC) a
plethora of mics.