Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:55:39 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 17:01:25 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 07:13:02 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 05:40:15 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:28:20 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 18:38:38 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

I was thinking more of the RS4.................

What, no FSI? Are you nuts? That's apparently the thing that makes an
engine "advanced" these days. and let's remember that this can't be a
"cutting-edge Pinkerton-Peter Principle motor", since it's not
normally aspirated, right?

You really are an ignorant asshole, aren't you Vile? The 2005 RS4 is
naturally aspirated, has FSI, and generates 420 HP from 4163cc, which
exceeds 100 per litre.

Oh, I'm sorry cue sarcasm alert. I just assumed that you were
talking about the NEW model, not a year old car.

I am - it's not on sale yet, you cretin.

Oh, I see. You can talk about motors that aren't even out yet (and
"Frenchs" can claim things about their crankshafts), but I can't
assume that you are talking about the version that is due out shortly.

Any 2005 model is at this point an old model, now that the new line is
announced.

You're an idiot - but we knew that. Engines can have a lifespan of ten
years or more, vide the ubiquitous 1.9litre VAG diesel and the 1.8
petrol turbo. The RS4 engine was first built in 2004, the first
complete cars are going on sale right now. The model it's going into
was launched in November 2004, and is the current model. It's not like
the US, where they change the radiator grille and scream 'new
model'.........

You should just get the Saleen S7 and be done with it. You'll have
bragging rights for a while...

You *never* get bragging rights for driving a Yank tank. Now, the
Ariel Atom, that's another matter................

You're joking, of course. Bragging rights in a go-kart. Cool. The
standards of the Brits has fallen quite low.

Thanks for once again confirming that you know nothing about cars -
and what makes the special ones special.

I guess it's the lack of an enclosure. Or storage space. Of course, as
long as you don't have a passenger, you can just about fit a briefcase
in the passenger seat.

Almost right - in the case of the Atom, it's the lack of almost
everything which makes a car slower and less responsive.

You really are an ignorant clown, Vile, and you just dig a deeper hole
with every post. Just like in audio.