Detector195

Default Doppler Distoriton?

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message ...
Here's the results of some speaker measurements that I made tonight, based
on passing 50 Hz & 4 KHz mixed 1:1 at about 1.2 volts rms, through a
Peerless 6.5 inch woofer with about 6 mm Xmax (relatively large for a woofer
its size). The speaker is mounted in a roughly 0.4 cubic foot box with no
vent. The power amp is a QSC USA 850. This is not very loud. The mic is an
ECM8000 that is a few inches from the woofer cone.

http://www.pcavtech.com/techtalk/doppler/

The first graph shows the broadband response. The large spikes at 50 Hz and
4 KHz are clearly visible. The second and third harmonics of the 50 Hz tone
are about 30 dB down. The spike for the 4 KHz tone is about 5 dB higher than
the spike for 50 Hz because the woofer is simply that much more efficient at
4 KHz.

The second graph is taken from the same test, with the frequency scale
enlarged to show about 400 Hz on either side of 4 KHz. The first pair of
large spikes are about 50 Hz on either side of 4 KHz, the second are about
100 Hz on either side of 4 KHz, and so on. The distortion products are
probably a mixture of AM and FM distortion, with FM predominating, as the
test is contrived to focus on FM.

While I've got this set up, any other data that anyone would find
interesting?

Could you simulate a Leslie speaker by mixing a really huge low
frequency sine wave with the regular audio program?