TonyP

Default Audiophile Label Technical Staff

"Sam Byrams" wrote in message
om...
You want 35 year old master tapes of Hendrix or would you prefer new
masters of Hilary Duff and Britney Spears? Jimi, Jim and Janis-to say
nothing of Frank, Dean, Sammy, Julie London, Marilyn Monroe, Peggy
Lee-they are not recording anymore because they're dead. (MM never did
record per se-it's all film dubs you hear on XM 73.)

MM was just the Brittney Spears or Hillary Duff of her day. Plenty of crap
music then too, and quite a bit of good music today, if you look.
Pity Brittney still can't afford a decent mastering engineer though! Her
records top the list of clipped to hell and back.

Vinyl is good for several dozen good plays with negligible wear.
Several hundred are feasible with properly set up tables and
cartridges. If you want to go over a riff for guitar practice, copy it
to a repeatable medium.

Like CD? Why not just buy one in the first place.

Your evidence they don't is??? In 30 years bring me that 1985 disc,
we'll check it out. I have 1955 vinyl I _know_ sounds great.

I have plenty of 1985 CD's in perfect condition, I bet you can't say that
about your vinyl.
My old records are still as good as the day I bought them though, which
unfortunately isn't saying much :-(

TonyP.