Pat Farrell

Default Misrepresentation and Malfeasance By Audiophile Label Technical Staff?

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:35:14 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
One little dirty not-so-secret dirty aspect of the production of dual-format
high resolution recordings has been the ...

The not so hidden secret is that way too many releases have been
identical in Red Book and "superior" formats.

A large part of the industry's push has clearly been their mistaken
belief that high res formats are copy-proof. Hence all
the restrictions about access to the digital data in
available players.

Compressing to death, deliberate overs, etc. are problems
across the board. I used to have hopes that
people would notice and complain. I don't hold that
anymore. I"m not sure anyone (at mass market quantities) listens
to music anymore.

Pat http://www.pfarrell.com/prc/