Ignace Dhont

Default Is all audio literature shallow? Where is the IN-DEPTH info?

You need to read Total Recording by David Moulton. Better plan on
about a year to go through it.

Why do I have the feeling that this is the golden tip? Thanks Mike.

To reply some of the previous posters: I'm well aware that hands-on
practise is a better teacher than any book. I also have no interest
whatsoever at copying someone's "sound". And: the only judge is your
ear, not some textbook. As a matter of fact I kindof agree with
everybody but I still think a solid, deep textbook can contribute to
my skills. There ARE technique's and strategies involved in things
like mixing and microphone placement. If you master the technique, you
can mold it to suit your taste. At least that's my point of view.

Beste wishes to everyone,

Ignace