hank alrich

Default Is all audio literature shallow? Where is the IN-DEPTH info?

Ignace Dhont wrote:

Still it's frustrating that I come across plenty of good info on the
technical side of things, but very little serious information on
essentials like mixing technique's and mic placement. I want to use
the equipment, not built it.

The thing is that technical information can be communicated precisely,
whereas esthetic information cannot. One may describe a process for
positioning a mic in a given situation, but that description _will not
tell you where to put the mic_. You follow the described process until
_you hear what you're after_. _What you're after_ cannot be described
well at all. Hence, the need to get your own personal experience.

--
ha