Mike

Default Is all audio literature shallow? Where is the IN-DEPTH info?

(Ignace Dhont) wrote in message . com...
Have to admit you make some good points there. Maybe I should call
myself a producer (but it sounds so posh). Still, I don't see why
every sound engineer should have to re-invent the wheel. We should be
able to build on what our pre-decessors have found, if music recording
is to advance.

To make an exaggeration: there's a little trick with the sidechain to
to de-es vocals. Only nobody writes or tells about it, so every new
sound engineer must waste time and find it out for themselves.

Of course, everybody knows this one; I'm just trying to make a point
here that every new sound engineer must virtually start from scratch,
because there's no serious copy on mixing technique, microphone
placement and so. Only shedloads of basic books about homerecording.
And audio colleges are not much better.

Regards,

I use to subscribe to Recording Magazine, which I think was once "Home
and Studio Recording" and they always had a section called "Tips and
Tricks." You can order back issues from them or start subscribing. I
think it is just what you are looking for. I think you can get indices
of the issues and then order once of particular interest to you. I am
sure a magazine like "Electronic Musician" includes similar types of
articles. I always found EM the most useful overall because it had a
broader scope the Recording but Recording is very good as well.

Mike
http://www.mmeproductions.com
Ignace