Buster Mudd

Default Need source/solution for cleaning rubber pinch rollers

Anyone ever use Nortronics QM108? "Specially formulated to clean
magnetic heads, pinch rollers, and capstans." I bought two 8oz. cans
of it in 1984 & STILL have some left! That's been my go-to goo for
rubber rollers & all tape path components, never had a problem with
it...but have rarely seen anyone else use it.

(Scott Dorsey) wrote in message ...
In article ,
david wrote:
In article , Scott Dorsey
wrote:

Does anyone know of an easily obtainable product that can clean/rejuvinate
rubber pinch rollers?

Methyl acetate will soften rollers a bit, as will Fedron, but once they
start to glaze, they are gone.

For cleaning, water, or water and a little Formula 409 is fine. If you
want to use the same cleaner on the heads and the roller, Head, Red, and
Roll cleaner from Precision Motor Works is some sort of halocarbon which
behaves pretty much the way old Freon TF did. It's a lot more expensive
than isopropanol, though.

I don't know about rejuvinating but I use the "Head, Red, and Roll"
cleaner from Precision Motor Works on my rollers, isopropal on the
heads and tape path.

Try it on the heads and tape path too! It gets gunk off with less elbow
grease than isopropanol. Way more money, though.
--scott