Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default Denon poa 2200

On 11/19/2011 1:39 PM, Tobiah wrote:
I have a chance to buy one for $100. Sounds like
a good deal, but there is chatter here from time
to time about old capacitors, and this is probably
a 20+ year old amp. Should I be concerned about its
age? They guy says it's a class A also. Is that
always a good thing?

Thanks

What's up with the two sets of inputs on the back?
One is supposed to be for hooking up a CD player
directly to the amp, while the other is meant to
take preamp output. They both seem to sound the
same at the same level, and they are both affected
by the level knobs. Is this just a marketing gimmick
from when CD's were the rage?

Thanks,

Tobiah