Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Dorman Paul Dorman is offline

Default Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit

On 1/3/2021 1:38 AM, geoff wrote:
On 3/01/2021 4:40 pm, Paul Dorman wrote:
On 1/2/2021 5:51 PM, geoff wrote:
On 3/01/2021 5:43 am, Paul Dorman wrote:
On 1/2/2021 4:46 AM, geoff wrote:
On 2/01/2021 11:44 pm, John Williamson wrote:
On 02/01/2021 01:44, Paul Dorman wrote:
Â*Â* Dude, YouTube audio is good enough!Â* Especially through
good headphones!

Good enough for some, maybe, but have you ever compared an item
you recorded yourself with what comes down the line from Youtube?

I have, and even using loops to generate background music for the
video, I can tell the difference with no problem.

They request 24/44k1 or better source media, then drop it to 128k
or 256K best AAC.

geoff

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Just listen to live concerts on YouTube, using a good
set of studio monitors, or headphones.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* You'll be able to easily tell if the recording was done
with tape, or digitally recorded.Â* Tape recordings sound
dull, and mushy, compared to digital recordings.Â* It's like
night and day.

Um ..... a 'live' concert - tape or digital ? Think about that for a
bit.

Â*Â*Â*Â* Uuh..... a "live" concert in front of an audience, versus a
studio recording.Â* They used to be recorded on tape, but now they are
recorded digitally, which is the FAR superior sounding format.
Â*Â*Â*Â* Get it?

I do. You apparently don't. Over and out.

Ah yes, another stellar example of how I get
treated when I try to be nice to someone!

I'd say you're Over your Head, and Out of your
Mind!