Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Dachman Audio U87 Clone Kit

Paul Dorman wrote:
On 1/1/2021 8:14 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
The tension is set by the weight of the trampoline ring. When the ring
with the diaphragm is placed on top of the capsule, the weight of the
ring produces uniform tension across the capsule. Watch the video and
see it work! It works pretty well, actually.

That's not what I'm seeing. It looks to me like he sets the
diaphragm tension by screwing the inner ring tighter.

No. Watch the video again. The guy is going very slowly and carefully,
too, to make it easy for you to see what is going on. If you look at
the Feilo factory they are just slamming these out about once a minute.
This guy is going a far more careful job; you can see exactly how the weight
works.