Posted to rec.audio.high-end
KH KH is offline

Default A Brief History of CD DBTs

On 1/7/2013 9:03 PM, Audio_Empire wrote:
On Monday, January 7, 2013 4:24:08 PM UTC-8, wrote:

snip

I think Mark is on to something there, but I'm not terribly sure that you quite
understood what he was saying.

What I got out of Marks post, if I understand this correctly, is that he believes
that devices which cannot be distinguished from one another by DBTs and
possibly even on long listening sessions or by bench measurements, may still,
on a subconscious level, affect the pleasure centers of the brain in different
ways. I think we have all experienced this in one way or another. Even though
one can't put one's finger on it, for some reason B is "more pleasurable" to
listen to than A.

Then how is it that they cannot be distinguished? Your postulate is
clearly that there is a perceived difference in A and B. If you're
saying one is more pleasurable, but can't be perceived as such, then
you're claiming mutually exclusive attributes.

This, if a real phenomenon, would certainly defy any attempts
at testing it

How so? Any double blind preference test would clearly identify a
statistically significant preference for A or B.

Keith