Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger

Default Adobe Audition 1.5: Record from device A, play full mix through device B (while recording?)

"infamis" wrote in message
. com

I have two soundcards in my PC (with Windows XP). One for
recording (call it device A), and another for playback
(call it device B). I set it up successfully so that
after recording from A, when hitting play, it plays back
on B (that was easy...just wave-in & wave-out set
accordingly). However, what I'm really trying to achieve
is some way in which while recording from device A, that
I hear the output through device B. For example, if I
have a vocalist speaking through a mic with headphones
one, they would be able to hear what they're saying
through the headphones? Possible or impossible? I've
tried routing the track to a bus & routing the bus to the
output device, but it gives the same result as just
having In = device A and Out=device B for the track
settings.

Rule number one is that Audition by design has no built-in facilities for
real-time monitoring. Whatever you do, you have to do via hardware or other
software.