Posted to rec.audio.pro
Julian

Default Adobe Audition 1.5: Record from device A, play full mix through device B (while recording?)

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:40:03 GMT, (infamis)
wrote:

How to do it depends on your sound card. I have a LynxOne and the
onboard Dell sound card. I record Lynx digital in and send the record
signal monitor to the analog out in the Lynx software. I plug the
analog out of the Lynx into the analog in of my onboard card. I can
then listen to the Lynx played back through the onboard card using the
Windows sound mixer interface. If I am recording analog in I can
still route the analog in signal to the analog out connectors of the
Lynx and monitor via the onboard sound card's input. I don't know
which sound card you use and how to do this in your case, but there
probably is a way. You won't find it in the Audition settings, you
will find it in the record card's settings.

Ok, so you're really doing it through hardware? input - lynx_input - lynx
output - onboard_card_in. My problem (and the reason I have 2 soundcards is
cause my playback device is not record-capable [e.g., has no inputs]).

My recording card is my onboard Realtek AC97. playback card is the Chaintech
AV710 (used in 2-channel high sample rate analog out).

You don't have a lot of options. You might not be able to do it with
what you have. You say the card with no inputs is NOT the onboard
card? You could get another card.

Julian