Howard Ferstler

AudioFan wrote:

I have two Paradigm servo 15's that just aren't cutting it anymore, I am
hoping to be rid of them in a couple years.

I reviewed the updated version of that sub in issue 71 of
The Sensible Sound (Sept/Oct, 1998). It was able to generate
114 clean dB at 31.5 Hz at the listening position 17 feet
away in a 3,400 cubic foot listening room and could hit 110
dB at 20 Hz. Two such subs, positioned correctly, would be
able to add an additional 6 dB to those peaks in most rooms.

I do not know what you are listening to when you use those
subs for entertainment purposes, but it certainly cannot
involve a desire to have live-music realism with typical
recordings. Well, maybe you live in an airplane hangar, or
your idea of entertainment is rock music at live-performance
levels. If this is the case, be prepared to require the use
of a hearing aid well before middle age.

Heck, it is likely that you need one right now.

Howard Ferstler