Jean

Default Audio amp 40 watts, loudspeaker 19 watts; How to adapt?

Stu-R wrote in message . ..
just put a 1 or 2 ampere fuse in the speaker line and forget about it.

On 22 Jun 2004 13:54:11 -0700, (Jean) wrote:

Hello,
I have an audio amp, 40 watts RMS per channel (8 ohm) and I would like
to plug to one channel a small speaker 19 watts (8 ohm).

4 questions:
1- What circuit should I build to adapt?

2- How can I know how much ampere the amp is using to drive one
loudspeaker?

3- A better suitable newsgroup to post this question?

Search on the internet:
4- What words should I use to find some appropriate technical texts?

Thank you.

2 questions:
1- Stu-R wrote: "just put a 1 or 2 ampere fuse in the speaker line and
forget about it".

If you look at my second question 2 above from original posting...
because I do not want to guess how much ampere is going to one
loudspeaker. I still have the manual.

I do not want to open my cabinets and install a few fuses. I would go
with a cable fuse between the amp and the speaker. This is a temporary
solution. I would also be safe by calculating the value of the fuse to
6/10 or 7/10 of the volume. When I was a kid, I liked to play with the
home light like 0/10 to 10/10 to 0/10 for fun as the disco lights and
I do not want a kid to start to play on the volume knob as disco
volume with those 19watts speakers.

2- The fuses that you talked about are regular fuses or special
speaker fuses?