Posted to rec.audio.pro
Christian Best Christian Best is offline

Default replacement amp for a mono tube EMT 140

thanks guys,,
i take your advice on board,,if i could get the original pick ups i'd go there,but its seems impossible to find them.

"Stereo can be overrated"

i agree that sometimes it is what is necessary but,i'd like to use it as my main verb and i do tend to go with stereo, more often than not .

checked an old gearslutz post saying the upgrade kit from martin sound is $2500.
thats out of my budget right now unfortunately.

i might get a local tech to try emulate it from schematic's. (amp 162)
does anyone know of an amp that might be a good starting place to replace the driver amp,
surely the pick up's are a pretty simple case of amplifying the signal,this like anything sound source is affected by the type of pre and id be comfortable to have a decent enough pre do that job.

regards
christian