Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Mark D. Zacharias

Default Yahama "natural sound" amp specs?

Mike Rieves wrote:
"rumble" wrote in message
ups.com...
can anyone tell me where to find specs or an owner's manual for a:

YAMAHA NATURAL SOUND STEREO POWER AMP (M-50)

thanks

Yamaha is decent sound reinforcement stuff, amp power is usually
underrated, they put out more than the specs say, but it isn't studio
quality, if that's what you're looking for. .

OK, I'll bite. Just what exactly makes a stereo amp of "studio quality"
better than an otherwise excellent stereo amp?

I would concede the Yamaha consumer power amp is not "professional" in terms
of ruggedness etc, also in studio applications I can see that balanced
inputs might be necessary, but for the purpose of reproducing stereo sound,
as opposed to reinforcing it, I cannot think of any qualities that would
make a "studio" amp preferable in terms of sound quality.

Mark Z.