Ralph Heidecke

I have a pair of Maggie 1b's (mid 80's vintage) and have had no problems
with amp sections less than 100W; a PS Audio 2c plus (70w), an HK 760
reciever(40w) and a European Pioneer Integrated Unit (not sure of the power
but I suspect is 30 to 40w). Maggies are usually low impedence design so an
amp with a hgih current capability helps, however I can't see you'd have an
issue with the amps you are using.

--
remove 901 from reply email for valid address.

-----
remove
"Harry" wrote in message
I'd be grateful for any adviice.

Is anyone out there familier with the Magneplanar 1.4 speakers?

I'm thinking of a move to panel speakers and while I am familier with
electrostatic speakers rom Martin Logan, Acoustat and Quad, I have not
heard any Magneplanar speakers.

I use a Primare 928 Pre-amp and a pair of Primare 928 monoblocks rated
at 100W into 8 ohms. Anyone care to venture whether they would be a
good match?

Thanks