Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Monitors - Is More Expensive Always More Neutral?

Mike Rivers wrote: "As I recall, you're more interested in the mechanics of a mix than the
musicality, meaning, or emotion of a song itself. That being the case,
indeed, listening on an accurate reference monitor might give you more
enjoyment than listening on a speaker that flatters the musical
qualities of a recording. "

I want to hear the song itself Mike - not anything
added to or subtracted from it - by the speakers
or equipment themselves. I guess one could call
that 'transparency'. The same thing I do for TVs
in my sideline calibration trade.