Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default Monitors - Is More Expensive Always More Neutral?

On 9/20/2018 12:06 PM, James Price wrote:
I think there's a presumption by many that the more expensive
a monitor is, the more honest and neutral it is. In your opinion,
is that true?

As an aside, I assume more neutral doesn't equate to more
pleasing, as honesty isn't necessarily flattering.

The responses on this thread have me wondering, although
I'm sure the topic has been beaten to death here, but:

How many people here use reference monitors for casual
listening, for their everyday listening use?

I'm thinking of using my Event TR5s for my bedroom laptop....

E. Power Biggs Bach sounds great on them!

---