Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] johnnhelen4@gmail.com is offline

Default Tone Burst Testing

On Thursday, May 2, 2013 at 7:54:38 PM UTC-7, Phil Allison wrote:
Hi,

my colleague Rod Elliot has designed a neat, tone burst gate that you can
build yourself quite cheaply.

It can produce bursts of 1 to 32 "on" cycles followed by 4 to 64 "off"
cycles at any audio frequency.

Perfect for amp testing, comp/limiter testing, VU meter testing and speaker
performance testing.

http://sound.westhost.com/project143.htm

For speaker testing, you will need an suitable omni electret or omni
condenser mic and preamp.

The Behringer ECM8000 is a possible candidate.

... Phil

I have been unable to connect to the link you indicated. If it is not still available, could you send me whatever info (schematic, photo, write-up?) was there? Thank you. Les Orr

Copy the link & then Google it. That works OK. For me, anyway.

Cheers to all still standing. Back on the bike again for the season the other day. getting rickety now at 84 years.

John L Stewart