Douglas Conder

Default Noise problem please help.

Not the amp. I swapped them out before I came to work. Same Jl 300/4 in
both vehicles. Does the exact same thing. Hum still there and speakers
still shut off. I have had a few people suggest a ground loop but, would
this affect the speakers shutting off? It could explain the hum but, what
about the speakers?

"dconder" wrote in message
Will try that today for sure. Its kinda double-edged, I hope it is not

the
amp but, then again, at least I would know what it is.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. net...
That pretty much rules out the Eclipse HU and the Diamonds. When you

have
time, try the 300/4 in your wife's car and her amp in yours.

Paul Vina

"dconder" wrote in message
Ok, here is what I tried. Ran the rca's from my Eclipse brain into

the
JL
amps in my other vehicle. I tried my hardest but could not hear the

hum
and
pitch change. There was hiss but, no hum. I then hooked my Alpine
IVA-C800, that is in my other vehicle, up to the JL amps in my noise

vehicle
and the noise came thru the Diamonds just like from the Eclipse.

Maybe
not
quite as loud but, that could be a preamp voltage difference between

the
two
units. I am pretty much at a loss. It started raining so, I am done

for
the night but, any more suggestions you have, I will try. I really

should
take the Eclipse out and have it checked to eliminate it but, I do not

know
if anyone local can tell me that. I hate to have to send it in to

Eclipse
without knowing if it is bad or not.

"dconder" wrote in message
I guess that was too good to be true. I unhooked both speakers and

hooked
up a test speaker that I ran straight out of the 300/4 amp. I used

my
Image
Dynamics Chameleon, ran it thru its xover and only hooked up the

tweeter.
Noise still there, just like the Diamonds. I guess that eliminates

the
Diamonds from being a problem. My wife just got home so, I am going

run
from the Eclipse brain into the JL amps in my other vehicle.

Hopefully,
that will tell me something. I will update again in a few minutes.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. net...
BINGO! I'll bet one of your speakers is bad and showing the amp a

short
or
is actually shorting directly to ground. Disconnect all of the

speakers
and
then reconnect them one at a time until the noise comes back.

Once
you
find
the set that's bad you can do the same thing to see if it's the

mid,
tweet
or crossover itself.

Paul Vina