Paul Vina

Default Noise problem please help.

"Douglas Conder" wrote in message
ink.net...
Right now, they are down about to the bottom. I do use a test cd when I

set
the gains and a multimeter to set to the JL specs. The one weird thing on
setting is the Eclipse has 5 volt preouts. The JL has a low/high setting
for input sensitivity and with the Eclipse, it should be on high. But, if

set it on high, even with the gain all the way up, it will not reach its
target voltage. That has puzzled me as well. Maybe all of this is

related
somehow.

\

They might not be 5V preouts. Sony used to say their HU's had 4V preouts
but it was 2V per channel.

I am going to buy a really good set of long cables today so I can do some
outside the vehicle and vehicle to vehicle testing. I too, think the JL
amps are fine and it has to be farther up the chain. My rca's now are
Rockford Twisted cables run down the center console but, they have been

thru
several installs and vehicles and maybe something has happened to them.

It's possible. The strain of being moved around and pulled on a lot has been
known to damage them.

Paul Vina