Ge0

Default Noise problem please help.

Sounds like the head unit is defective. Something wrong in the pre-amp
circuit is causing an oscillation at the output stage.

Have you tried running signal into the amp using another source (i.e. patch
a portable CD player into it)?

--
Ge0
TeamAMP #4 - tech whiz type of guy
Low cost car stereo equipment repair/ modification
Contact me for advice or a quote.
Always interested in buying dead equipment too.
Looking for answers on car stereo topics?
www.mobileaudio.com
www.teamrocs.com
http://go.to/bcae/
Geo uses:
Main Stage = a/d/s/ 336is.2
Rear fill = a/d/s/ 335is.2
Subs = Audiomobile Mass 2012 S24
Head unit = Alpine DVA-7996
Processor = Alpine PXA-H700
Sub Amp = a/d/s/ P4100.2
Main & rear fill amp = a/d/s/ P840.2
www.microheat.com
"dconder" wrote in message
Need some help badly. I just hooked up my JL 500/1 and my IDMAX (which is
awesome btw). Some of you may remember, I had a noise problem with just

the
300/4 hooked up but, I turned down the gains and could live with it. When

fired the 500/1 back up, the noise went crazy. All this with the engine

off
mind you. The noise sounds like listening to an AM station and the whine
changes pitch up and down. It is pretty darn loud. I tried all of this

but,
nothing helped:

Unplugged RCA's to amps, noise gone
Used a muted cable, noise gone
Tried new ground point for amps, noise still there
Ran new remote wire outside of car, noise still there
Ran RCA's outside of car, noise still there.
Tried new ground for head unit, noise still there
unplugged antennae at brain and head unit, noise still there.

I am out of ideas. This is not a noise that can be lived with. Anyone who
has a suggestion, please speak up. If I can not get something done, I will
have to take it to my local installer and see if he can track it down.

Which
will probably cost a fortune. This noise has not always been a problem.

When
I had my Image Chameleons and a pair of ID12's, there was no noise like
this. I switched to the Diamond M661 and took the ID's out and the small
noise started with the 300/4. Then, added the IDMAX and hooked the 500/1
back up and noise started. Thanks.

Ever Changing System

Eclipse 7002 indash screen
Eclipse 5122 Disc changer