Paul Vina

Default Noise problem please help.

From what you've said you've done it has to be a problem before the amps.
Let me know what happens after you run your HU to the other car.

Paul Vina

"dconder" wrote in message
I used a different set. They are not great but, it was all I had to reach
between the two vehicles. I might try tomorrow night to go the opposite.
Run from my Eclipse(in the noisy car) to my other vehicle amps and see

what
it does. Anything else you can think of let me know.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
Try another set of rca's. You didn't say if you used the original set

when
you ran them outside the car or from the other car. If you have a

broken
solder joint on the end it could cause this problem.

Paul Vina

"dconder" wrote in message
I tried running RCA's from my other vehicle. It has an Alpine

IVA-C800
and
I just unhooked the rca's from the brain of the Alpine and ran cables

from
my amps of the noise car into the Alpine. Noise is still there. Now,

am
really confused. Where do I go from here. I consider myself pretty
knowledgable about car audio and this has me toasted. Thanks your any

help
you can give me Paul.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
. net...
Have your HU looked at. Everything you've done has eliminated

everything
in
the signal chain except the HU. I had the same problem a number of

years
ago and it ended up being a burnt trace in the HU. I don't know how

it
happened because the HU worked fine when I removed it, but when I

put
it
back in there it was! Had it fixed and all was good. If you have

another
HU
try it out. You could also run rca's from a friends car and see what
happens. If you do that make sure both cars are running.

Paul Vina

"dconder" wrote in message
Need some help badly. I just hooked up my JL 500/1 and my IDMAX

(which
is
awesome btw). Some of you may remember, I had a noise problem with

just
the
300/4 hooked up but, I turned down the gains and could live with

it.
When
fired the 500/1 back up, the noise went crazy. All this with the

engine
off
mind you. The noise sounds like listening to an AM station and the

whine
changes pitch up and down. It is pretty darn loud. I tried all of

this
but,
nothing helped:

Unplugged RCA's to amps, noise gone
Used a muted cable, noise gone
Tried new ground point for amps, noise still there
Ran new remote wire outside of car, noise still there
Ran RCA's outside of car, noise still there.
Tried new ground for head unit, noise still there
unplugged antennae at brain and head unit, noise still there.

I am out of ideas. This is not a noise that can be lived with.

Anyone
who
has a suggestion, please speak up. If I can not get something

done,
will
have to take it to my local installer and see if he can track it

down.
Which
will probably cost a fortune. This noise has not always been a

problem.
When
I had my Image Chameleons and a pair of ID12's, there was no noise

like
this. I switched to the Diamond M661 and took the ID's out and the

small
noise started with the 300/4. Then, added the IDMAX and hooked the

500/1
back up and noise started. Thanks.

Ever Changing System

Eclipse 7002 indash screen