Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul Stamler Paul Stamler is offline

Default Revox PR99 Mk III question

"Emiliano Grilli" wrote in message
Hi all

I'm just trying to set up my revox pr 99 myself: I bought an alignment
tape and I've tried to follow the procedure. It seems that all is
going well... (forgive me but these are my first alignments..), I've
got a recorded signal that's pretty similar to what's on the SOURCE
signal.

The problem is that on the SOURCE I have a signal that's a lot weaker
in the low end that what is coming in.

I've not taken it apart the machine yet, but in the manual I don't see
anything referring to the eq of the input signal...

There should not be any EQ on the input signal. How are you listening to
what's coming in, and how are you listening to what's coming out of the
Revox?

Peace,
Paul