Posted to rec.audio.tech
UnsteadyKen UnsteadyKen is offline

Default OT(?) Which CD better?

~misfit~ said...

I feel sorry for anyone who might have heard of this brilliantly mastered,
produced and mixed album and how great it sounds and who buys a current
copy. They would wonder what everyone was talking about (the album appears
on many lists of 'the greatest-sounding albums of all time' on audiophile
sites and blogs on teh intarwebs and often I listen to it as a medium to
appreciate the fidelity of my stereo).

Which version is your new copy, My copy is also made by Record Service
GMBH and has a label number of 7599-27389-2 while the number on the
land round the hole is 256628 SRC-02

Discogs shows 3 different versions of the CD...
http://goo.gl/X3jL

I bought my copy as Steve Harris who reviews for Hi-Fi News was
continually referring to it but he is using the original vinyl and I
can't say I was blown away by the sound quality or the dynamics on the
CD, is mine one of the ropy ones I wonder?

--
Ken O'Meara
http://www.btinternet.com/~unsteadyken/