Rich Sherman

Hi:

I am building a pair of Monoblocks that use the Triode board. Once built I
will let you guys know how it resulted.

Rich Sherman
"west" wrote in message

"arizona cowboy" cacheoverflowATyahoo.com wrote in message
news
I prefer the 6CG7/12AT7 mod by Kara Chaffee featured in one of the early
issues of Audio Xpress magazine (formerly Glass Audio)

and no new PC board required = cheap!

It sounds nicer than either of the two you mention, I feel

cowboy

Hey Cowboy,
Can you be a little more specific about where someone can find info
(schematic, etc.) on the Kara Chaffee mod? Thanks bunches.
Cordially,
west

wrote in message
Got a pair of Dyna MK III's in for repair. Customer is interested in
upgrading. I have done a little research and found an Alan Kimmel

driver
board at Welborne Labs and a cascode 12AU7 & 12BH7 driver board at

Triode
Electronics. Both also have PS board upgrades. Kimmels being a mosfet

pass
regulated design, Triodes's being a simpler a cap upgrade scheme.

Any experience/opinions on sound & performance on these
or other recommendations?

Thanks & happy new Year to everyone.

TS