Posted to rec.audio.pro
Geoff Geoff is offline

Default Specific Audio Recorder Software Needed - Recurring time segments.

wrote:
I am looking for a PC audio recorder that can record streaming audio
and allow me to specify the time segment length.

For example I want to record a live radio show in 1 hour segments on
my computer.

I have a program like this but the interface forces me to specify
start and stop times. This is tedious because sometimes I want to
record 12 hours of audio and I am stuck calculating start and stop
times.

I just want to press record and the program will record in 1 hour
segments or any time segment I specify like 30 minutes or maybe 20
minutes.

If anyone can help i would really appreciate it.

I'm pretty sure Sound Forge can (certainly can be set to start/stop at a
particular tiem - not sure abou the repetition. Will check back shortly),
but I would guess the other equivalent level apps would too ; Wavelab,
Audition, etc. You may be able to find a cheaper shareware app that can do
this.

geoff