EFFENDI

Default ICE School Discussion of the week - LCD Screens

As I mentioned before I am starting a weekly discussion on a specific topic.

This week it will be LCD Screens. Specifically how they work and the
technology behind them. I will post some more information or feel free
to direct people to informative websites you have found.

The phenomenon of In-Car video started a while back when motorhome
builders started installing regular CRT Televisions on wall mounted
platforms. This has gone now to extremely thin TFT (Thin Film
Transistor) LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) Screens that can be motorized
on a hinge to flip down from a roof mounted shroud. The idea started as
a way to keep people entertained on long trips. But it has exploded into
putting them into placed no one has dreamed of.