Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default Denon - is there a back up battery?

On 13/02/2014 7:57 PM, Sainthunter wrote:
I recently bought a Denon 'Personal Component System/AM-FM Stereo
Receiver DRA-F100' unit from a charity shop - sold for spares or repair.
Apart from a tuner issue the main fault is that after a while in standby
mode it switches off completely from standby as though the mains has
been switched off/a power cut.
Is there a back-up memory battery somewhere, I have tried leaving the
unit powered up and switched on for at least 24 hours kidding myself
that it will recharge the memory battery, if there is one?

**I don't have the service manual for that model, but most machines of
that vintage use a large, low leakage electrolytic cap of approximately
20,000uF @ 6.3Volts. It will likely be near the main microprocessor.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au