Ben Bradley

Default Black hole hums deepest note ever detected

In rec.audio.pro, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

So, we are talking 0.0000000000000192 Hz here. Or something with a period
of 986 million years. (I love my HP34C calculator.) That is a very low
note.

Well if black holes where matter ends is a Bb, may where matter enters the
Universe produces an F note. Five - One resolution and such.

According to NPR, this is a genuine pressure wave, like actual audio. Given
how sparse the molecules are in interstellar space (which is almost a perfect
vacuum), I can understand how the rate of propagation would be really really
low.

I heard the NPR story, I thought the single note being played was
very instructive.
This reminds me of the tree-falling-in-the-forest question: Is
there a species out in space that's long-lived enough and with hearing
that goes low enough to hear this 'tone'?