Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

"A. Baum" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 15:14:07 +0000, thanatoid wrote:

"A. Baum" wrote in
news
On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 03:30:00 +0000, thanatoid wrote:

Look, you little ****

Is that the BEST you can do? C'mon! Work with me here!

Yep that's the best that the Nebenzahl troll-bot imbecile can do. What
did you expect from someone who let a simple 1/4 jack nut defeat him
for days LMAO!

You did make me laugh, but go easy on the guy. He seems OK. Not everyone
knows everything, especially people who post for help in groups like
this.

He posts his know-it-all **** in other groups yet can't figure out that
you really need to remove every last visible nut/screw/bolt/fastener
before giving up. Sorry but I find him an idiot and not just someone who
knows less than someone else.

And sometimes ones that are not visible. Just this week, I had a Sony
sort-of-portable thing on the bench. I took out every last obvious screw,
and no movement of the case halves at all. Then I discovered that the
speaker baffle was removable, and when removed, found two more screws behind
rubber bungs, When these were out, the case halves moved, but would still
not split. The final thing holding it together was the fact that the volume
pot was part of a board that remained in the rear case half, so its nut had
to come off. This fooled me for a few minutes, because I was expecting that
the control was part of the front board, and would come away with the front.

Arfa