Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

On 9/16/2010 6:26 PM Bill Graham spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

On 9/15/2010 10:33 AM William Sommerwerck spake thus:

I'm sure most people in this group have noticed how remote
controls are generally held together with screws /and/ near-
unreleasable tabs. I've never understood why both are needed.

No, it's not, and you're misunderstanding the packaging here.

My point was about the /philosophy/ of the packaging. Why
belts+suspenders, when only one is needed?

Ah, so. Actually describes my problem here quite well; why doesn't
this damn thing open up when I remove the screws, which seemed to
hold the thing together quite securely?

Perhaps it will.....Have you used sufficient force?

More force is definitely not the answer (despite the many jokes here
about dynamite, angle grinders, etc.)

The key was removing the nut around a phone jack on the back of the
case, which you'd know if you read through the rest of the thread.