Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Bill Graham Bill Graham is offline

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 9/15/2010 10:33 AM William Sommerwerck spake thus:

I'm sure most people in this group have noticed how remote
controls are generally held together with screws /and/ near-
unreleasable tabs. I've never understood why both are needed.

No, it's not, and you're misunderstanding the packaging here.

My point was about the /philosophy/ of the packaging. Why
belts+suspenders,
when only one is needed?

Ah, so. Actually describes my problem here quite well; why doesn't this
damn thing open up when I remove the screws, which seemed to hold the
thing together quite securely?

Perhaps it will.....Have you used sufficient force?