ludovic mirabel

Default Behringer Ultracurve Pro DEQ2496

Mike Prager wrote in message news:OeDxb.135563$Dw6.573645@attbi_s02...
Has anyone here tried this unit - an inexpensive parametric
equalizer and RTA? In particular, I'm wondering if the A/D
and D/A conversion might be more transparent than the previous
model (Ultracurve Pro DSP8024), which was reported to be good,
but not great in that respect.

Mike Prager
North Carolina, USA

I have no experience with DEQ 2496 but I have two 2084s ( one
for the bass woofers).
I have 30 years of experience with analogue equalisers including
"professional" units. I disliked them all and finally designed my own
and published it in the "Audio Amateur"
Behringer 2084 is infinitely superior to anything analogue I
ever tried- including my own effort. It is the first unit I ever had
with a Q narrow to a vanishing point and the first unit I can not
"hear".
If the new version is even better I can only envy you. I
paid twice as much for my units as you will pay for yours. At the new
price it is a bargain. Borrow one and try it for yourself.
Ludovic Mirabel